We are seeking applications for grants to support innovative projects that will enhance Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) education in the preK-8th grade Saco School System. Applications will open Oct. 1st 2018 and close Nov 15th 2018. We anticipate announcing funding in early May.
Applications are accepted from projects submitted by a preK-8 teacher and supported by their school administrator. Preference will be given to projects that:
- incorporate one or more components of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math)
- involve direct, hands-on student participation
- involve a large number of students or impact a significant portion of the student body
- enhance the school objectives
- generate income or are funded in part by the participants
- result in a product that links to relevant curricula and demonstrates skills, knowledge and /or real-world skills acquisition
- are project-based, career-oriented, and communication-intensive
- provide immediate feedback
- involve creative problem solving, critical thinking, teamwork, self-directed work, and self-assessment
- develop a global perspective
- encourage leadership and creativity from teachers and administrators
- are not funded by the schools’ operating budget
Although there are not minimum or maximum award amounts, we anticipate that most projects will require $1,000 – $5,000. Projects requiring substantially more are encouraged to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss feasibility before applying. Smaller projects are also welcomed.
All projects submitted will be reviewed by a grant review committee which will make recommendations to the Board of Directors for funding. Projects will be funded in order of priority as long as funds allow. We encourage questions in advance.
To submit an application, please go to https://www.sacosteam.org/grants/.